WHAT IS ISO/IEC 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001 is an information security standard, a part of the ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards. It brings information security under management control. It is a security standard that specifies the requirements for building, monitoring, and improving an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies for protecting and managing a company’s sensitive information, e.g., financial data, customer details, intellectual property, and employee records.
Organizations that meet the requirements and successfully complete an audit get certified. Most organizations have information security controls. With an information security management system (ISMS), controls are implemented often as point solutions or simply as a matter of convention.
ISO/IEC 27001 REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING MANAGEMENT:
• In order to obtain the certification, systematical examinations are being performed by an accredited certification body, to explore if the organization has information security risks and if it is taking account of the threats and vulnerabilities;
• The certification demands a comprehensive suite of information security controls to be implemented as well as other forms of risk avoidance.
• The certification also requires the adoption of a broad management process thus the information security controls continue to meet the organization’s information security needs continuously. ISO/IEC 27001 is projected to cover more than IT.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR OUR CUSTOMERS?
EXPLORE THE ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH AN ISO 27001-CERTIFIED SERVICE PROVIDER:
• Risk management – An ISMS helps control who within an organization can access specific information, reducing the risk that information can be stolen or otherwise compromised.
• Information security – An ISMS embodies protocols for information management within the organization that dictates the way data is handled and channeled.
• Business continuity – To remain ISO 27001 compliant, a service provider’s ISMS is continuously tested. This impacts its core business functions.
WHY DID ITGIX OBTAIN THE ISO/IEC 27001?
The reason ITGix chose to pursue this rigorous certification process is for the value it can then provide to our customers. This certification illustrates our devotion to information security, compliance, and regulation practices.
“We are happy to share that ITGix is an ISO/ IEC 27001:2013 certified company. We take pride in what we are doing and it is great to be formally acknowledged for delivering our services as per the best practices. Being compliant with the Standard’s recommendations helps us build the organizational structure and cultural mindset of a professional organization. Getting ISO/ IEC 27001:2013 certified was a milestone for ITGix. We hope that this achievement can only reassure our current clients and those to trust us in the future of the commitment we have to scale our business from a start-up setting to a preferred provider of DevOps and Cloud services!”