ITGix is an ISO/ IEC 27001:2013 certified company
What is ISO/IEC 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001 is an information security standard, part of the ISO/IEC 27000 family of standards, which specifies a management system that is intended to bring information security under management control and gives specific requirements. It is a security standard that outlines the suggested requirements for building, monitoring and improving an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set of policies for protecting and managing an enterprise’s sensitive information, e.g., financial data, intellectual property, customer details and employee records.
Organizations that meet the requirements may be certified by an accredited certification body following successful completion of an audit.
Most organizations have information security controls. However, without an information security management system (ISMS), controls tend to be somewhat disorganized and disjointed, having been implemented often as point solutions to specific situations or simply as a matter of convention.
ISO/IEC 27001 requires the following management:
• Systematically examine the organization's information security risks, taking account of the threats, vulnerabilities, and impacts;
• Design and implement a coherent and comprehensive suite of information security controls and other forms of risk treatment (such as risk avoidance or risk transfer) to address those risks that are deemed unacceptable; and
• Adopt an overarching management process to ensure that the information security controls continue to meet the organization's information security needs on an ongoing basis.
ISO/IEC 27001 is designed to cover much more than just IT.
What does it mean for our customers?
The benefits of working with an ISO27001 certified service provider include:
• Risk management – An ISMS helps govern who within an organization can access specific information, reducing the risk that information can be stolen or otherwise compromised.
• Information security – An ISMS contains information management protocols detailing how specific data needs to be handled and transmitted.
• Business continuity – To remain ISO 27001 compliant, a service provider’s ISMS must be continuously tested and improved upon. This impact your core business functions.
Why did ITGix obtain the ISO/IEC 27001?
The reason ITGix chose to pursue this rigorous certification process is for the value it can then provide to our customers. This certification demonstrates our commitment to information security, compliance, and regulation practices. This provides our customers with peace of mind.
“We are happy to share that ITGix is an ISO/ IEC 27001:2013 certified company. We take pride in what we are doing and it is great to be formally acknowledged for delivering our services as per the best practices. Being compliant to the Standard's recommendations helps us build the organizational structure and cultural mindset of a professional organization. Getting ISO/ IEC 27001:2013 certified was a milestone for ITGix. We hope that this achievement can only reassure our current clients and those to trust us in the future of the commitment we have to scale our business from a start-up setting to a preferred provider of DevOps and Cloud services!”